Friday, June 10, 2011

The Hello, Goodbye Window - Caldecott Winner 2006


Well, another book that brought tears to my eyes - good tears.  An adorable, sweet book that reminded me how blessed I am that my children have amazing grandparents!  The Hello, Goodbye Window by Norton Juster is delightful and lighthearted.  All characters in the story have wonderful imaginations and wit.  Chris Raschka's illustrations are bright and cheerful, but at first glance they look like one big hot mess!  After reading the book and thinking about it for a day or two, I realized though that the carefree (some might call it messy) illustrations are appropriate for the free spirits the characters seem to be.  "You can be happy and sad at the same time, you know.  It just happens that way sometimes."  So true, so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment